For The Love Of Carnations

by | Bride, Flowers

COMMENTS

In the language of flowers, carnations mean “divine love” and the carnation is truly a flower I’ve come to love. The old fashion fluffiness, the sweet, soft look to them makes them them an unexpected but brilliant choice for your wedding day.

My tip? Stick to one shade and pack them tightly!

L-R Real Simple, Pronovias via Brides, Martha Stewart, Pronovias via Brides When Flowers Dream Floral Designs, Martha Stewart, Martha Stewart, Pronovias via Brides

Don’t feel limited to whites or pinks either- pack orange carnations into aqua glass jars, tie mauve carnations with chocolate brown ribbon and highlight red carnations using a red and white striped ribbon.

Edited 2/March to add: Check out this beautiful post on carnations by Eddie Ross

COMMENTS
  • Juliet says:
    January 23, 2009 at 4:26 pm

You can do so much with carnations!! I’m so glad people are using them again!

• Wendy says:
    January 23, 2009 at 4:00 pm

I love this post! Carnations are the first place I go when trying to create “WOW” on a tight floral budget. They are inexpensive and so easy to work with. The centerpiece with the hanging crystals is DARLING!

• gorgeous&home says:
    January 23, 2009 at 5:13 pm

You’ve opened my eyes to a whole new world – I used to think carnations were sweet enough (I haven’t met a flower I didn’t like) but wouldn’t ever buy them myself. Now I want some!

• Jen says:
    January 23, 2009 at 6:08 pm

I have never seen them look so beautiful!

• Ms Unreliable says:
    January 23, 2009 at 9:47 pm

Ooh so cute! I’m not usually a fan of carnations but these look fantastic!

• Jessica Lynn says:
    January 24, 2009 at 1:21 am

so pretty! i wish more brides would go with carnations!! 🙂

• Kat says:
    January 24, 2009 at 9:01 am

Those photos are amazing – I think carnations have fallen out of favour recently (the only time I’ve seen them in the past few years is in plastic wrapping at Coles!) but I do love them, and it’s nice to see them being used as wedding flowers.

• SG’s Picks for the Week | SG Wedding Favors Blog says: