Custom Shoes By Shoes Of Prey

by | Accessories, Bride, Shoes

COMMENTS

I have a habit of wanting a certain design of shoe and never being able to find it, it usually drives whoever I am shopping with mad. But you know, the “shoes make or break the outfit” has also been my rule, or maybe it’s just my excuse for more shoes.

I stumbled across Shoes Of Prey recently on Twitter and have been stuck on their website ever since.

shoes-of-prey-bespoke-shoes007 shoes-of-prey-bespoke-shoes009

Shoes Of Prey is an ingenious Australian website that offers a bespoke shoe service.

Unlike other custom shoe designers, the whole process with Shoes Of Prey is done online.

You can choose leather types  (snakeskin to soft leather and many, many options in between), decorations (soft rosettes to fancy bows) the heel height, the toe shape, the back of the shoe and even down to the colour (red fur anyone?). The shoe designer is so easy to use too- very much like a virtual colouring in project!

shoes-of-prey-bespoke-shoes005 shoes-of-prey-bespoke-shoes004

Shoes Of Prey have made everything very easy, they have a great return policy and will even discuss sizes and widths with you to ensure even the most nervous customer has her mind put at ease. Once your shoe is designed you can embed the picture on your website or blog or send the link to a friend.

Jodi, along with husband Michael and friend Mike are the brains behind the business with all of the shoes being handmade and shipping to most countries (including the USA).

shoes-of-prey-bespoke-shoes010 shoes-of-prey-bespoke-shoes011

The site is brand new and they’ll be adding new fabrics and styles as time goes by (I’m hoping for flats perhaps and maybe feathers, silks, perhaps even jeweled decorations!) It’s so easy to spend hours fiddling around with shoe designs (as I clearly have).

Visit the Shoes Of Prey website for more.

Want more? Check out these posts from the archives:

COMMENTS
  • The Broke-Ass Bride says:
    October 15, 2009 at 3:55 pm

Whoa. Hold the phone here. I’m in LOVE! Holy moly. *great* find!

• Christine says:
    October 15, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Love Shoes of Prey. These guys are friends of mine and creating an awesome product. My shoes I designed through them are fabulous and I get comments on them whenever I wear them.

• Christine says:
    October 15, 2009 at 5:16 pm

These are my shoes they made: (sorry if you can’t see them if you click on the link!) http://twitpic.com/lbiup

• mel says:
    October 15, 2009 at 6:26 pm

oh my god!! BEST THING EVER! i am so excited…..now i can get the grey and turquoise shoes that have been in my head forever!

• WestAussieWedding says:
    October 15, 2009 at 10:51 pm

OMG how awesome, thanks so much for the link

• Liv Lundelius says:
    October 16, 2009 at 6:12 am

this is really really great! i would love to have a pair of custom made shoes one day. thank you so much for sharing. stunning find.

• Groom speeches says:
    October 16, 2009 at 11:04 am

Custom shows they are stunning!

• Shoes of Prey says:
    October 16, 2009 at 12:20 pm

Thanks so much for the lovely post Polkadot Bride and for the great feedback everyone. We’ve had such a fun time building the website and it’s very rewarding to hear people like it so much.

One very minor clarification, we use real rather than mock snakeskin.

A couple of things that are on our to do list that might be of interest to readers of Polkadot Bride:

1. We’re looking to add a range of silks to the designer specifically for bridal shoes.
    2. We hope to add vegan leather options for those who prefer their shoes made in non-animal materials.

Feel free to join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/shoesofprey or our mailing list if you’d like to be kept up to date: http://www.shoesofprey.com

• Polkadot Bride says:
    October 16, 2009 at 12:33 pm

Hi there SOP! Have corrected the real vs mock clarification!

• Sarah Tolman says:
    October 17, 2009 at 12:33 pm

A site just came out that does kind of the same thing, but with fabric and embellishments. But you can custom design your own high heels essentially. I haven’t found anyone else who does exactly what they do…and I’m on a never-ending search for custom shoes! It’s http://www.eidialush.com 🙂

• The Favour Gallery says:
    October 17, 2009 at 8:01 pm

Such lovely designs, thanks for posting the link to these shoes.

• Drink Dispenser says:
    March 24, 2011 at 5:27 am

I was really content to learn this web-site.I craved to thanks for your indication for this wonderful translate!! I definitely enjoying every immature bit of it and I screw you bookmarked to canvass out new object you diary job.

• AliB says:
    January 27, 2012 at 3:17 am

Anyone know a site that does boots? I find boots much too high in the heel for me so it looks like custom is my only option…except I can’t find a place that do custom boot unless you want cowboy style (which I don’t). Tips are much appreciated. 😀

• Polka Dot Bride says:
      February 1, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Hi Ali, Shoes Of Prey are developing them but haven’t done them yet as far as I know. I’m unaware of other custom shoe places doing them either at the moment. What is the style you are looking for? Perhaps we can find some?

Are you a robot or a human? Let us know by answering the below! *