Juleps are one of the oldest and most iconic American cocktails, and not something we are too familiar with in Australia. However that’s not to say that there aren’t a lot of Bourbon Whiskey lovers here who would love to see this pretty concoction at your wedding. A dressed up, girly bourbon… who would have thought?
- 60ml Bourbon Whiskey
- 2 Strawberries (cut into quarters)
- 2 teaspoons Caster Sugar
- 5 fresh Mint Leaves
- Crushed Ice
1. In a mixing glass muddle together 1 strawberry and mint leaves.
2. Add sugar and a small amount of bourbon (2-3 teaspoons).
3. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
4. Fill glass (or mason jar) half full with crushed ice.
5. Add remaining bourbon.
6. Stir until combined.
7. Fill glass with extra crushed ice and stir.
8. Cut remaining strawberry into slices and use to garnish the julep.
9. Drink up buttercup!!! And don’t forget to enjoy the drunken strawberries at the bottom.
Makes 1 glass
Photos by Nicky McLauchlan
Ms Gingham says: Another to add to my list of must tastes!
About Ms Lace: A Brisbane girl who writes the inspiring wedding blog, Chasing Rainbows Kissing Frogs which showcases ideas, vendors and weddings from around the world. Having lived everywhere from Paris to Beirut and Saudi Arabia, the only language Ms Lace is fluent in is weddings. “Weddings make me giddy!”
Ms Lace writes regularly for the blog. Read her previous posts here.