The Golden Cadillac is a famous after dinner cocktail that was invented in 1952 at Poor Red’s Saloon in El Dorado, California. The bar was in a gold rush town and the cocktail was created for a newly engaged couple that came into the bar and wanted a special drink made for them to celebrate their engagement. Having just bought a new golden coloured Cadillac it was decided that the car would be the name for the concoction. The cocktail is as sweet as their newly declared love. It’s smooth and delicious with a sweet, creamy taste of chocolate and vanilla.
– 30ml Galliano Vanilla
– 30ml Crème de Cacao (white)
– 30ml Cream
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes
2. Add all ingredients and shake.
3. Shake, shake, shake and shake some more till lots of foam forms
4. Pour into a Martini glass
5. Garnish with edible gold flakes, or chocolate sprinkles
6. Now feel that golden rush !!! Mmmmmm
Photos by Nicky McLauchlan
Ms Gingham says: I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying these Cocktail Friday posts by Ms Lace! This is another one I want to try!
About Ms Lace: A Brisbane girl who writes the inspiring wedding blog, Chasing Rainbows Kissing Frogs which showcases ideas, vendors and weddings from around the world. Having lived everywhere from Paris to Beirut and Saudi Arabia, the only language Ms Lace is fluent in is weddings. “Weddings make me giddy!”
Ms Lace writes regularly for the blog. Read her previous posts here.