Desperately Seeking – August

by | Desperately Seeking, Weddings

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Polka Dot Bride
COMMENTS

Another month, another Desperately Seeking! Time to don those sleuth hats and help a couple out!

Swirl divider Desperately Seeking   July

Mother of The Bride #1 is seeking unique outfits for a formal Sydney wedding. Have any ideas of designers she could try?

Swirl divider Desperately Seeking   July

Bride #2 is seeking a good recommendation for a brilliant DJ for her February wedding in the Yarra Valley next year. She’d love a word of mouth recommendation over just a link!

Swirl divider Desperately Seeking   July

Bride #3 is seeking a different kind of wedding venue in Melbourne. Something a little rustic to be precise. Can you help?

Swirl divider Desperately Seeking   July

Bride #4 is desperately seeking 110 glass bottles so she and her fiance can bottle up her grandmother’s homemade cordial as wedding favors for her guests. She’s having trouble finding ones that don’t break the bank. Can you help?

Swirl divider Desperately Seeking   July

Can you help our lovely seekers? Leave a comment below and be sure to check through the old Desperately Seekings in case you can help!

COMMENTS
  • Leticia says:
    August 17, 2012 at 10:32 am

Bride 3: Have you looked at Montsalvat? We got married there and i would class it as rustic, especially the Great hall where the reception is held. Also the best food I’ve ever had at a wedding, gorgeous open fireplace for cooler weather weddings, stunning gardens.
    Bride 4: Something like this? http://www.galaimports.biz/hg6090-28.html You might not be able to see the price but they are .75c each and 200ml.
    They do also have larger bottles http://www.galaimports.biz/bottles/251ml-750ml.html

Gala Imports are a wholesale company but you might be able to get a friend with a food business to sign up for you or if you are in Melbourne let me know I might be able to help you out.

• Celebrant Maree says:
    August 17, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Hello Bride No.2 – Bruce Harrison is a fabulous guy and a brilliant dj! http://www.bruceharrison.com.au/ check him out!!
    Or Nick from http://www.rutherfordentertainment.com.au/ is brilliant too 🙂

Hello Bride No. 3 – Here are some venues to check out with a rustic feel…Abbotsford Convent, Gum Gully Farm, Yarra Estate Winery, Wellers, Inglewood Estate

• Bride #2 says:
      August 17, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Thank you very much Celebrant Maree. I have contacted Rutherford and haven’t had a reply but will definitely contact Bruce as well. I really appreciate it.

• Edwina says:
      August 20, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Hi Bride No.2 – I have booked Nick from Rutherford Entertainment for my April 2013 wedding. He has come highly recommended from friends and event managers! Best of luck!

• Belinda says:
    August 17, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Mother of the Bride #1, my mum is talking to Tea Rose, they have some beautiful unique fabrics and designs.

• Alayna says:
    August 17, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Hi Bride 4,

This company supplies all types of glass bottles and jars for a good price and organize delivery promptly. They are located on the Sunshine Coast in QLD but ship throughout Australia.

• Alayna says:
    August 17, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Sorry Bride 4 the website is http://www.glassbottlesdirect.com.au

Hope it helps

• Mrs B says:
    August 17, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Bride 2 – I second Bruce Harrison! He was our DJ and I am happy to sing his praises to the rooftops. He is a darling and we had people dancing all night.

• Bride #2 says:
      August 17, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Thank you Mrs B. I like to go from referrals so I will definitely contact Bruce.

• Hayley says:
    August 18, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Hi Bride #3 – Our gorgeous teepees have an amazing rustic feel and you can have them in some fabulous locations (we have some beautiful sites we can recommend) which just add to the whole relaxed charm. We are definitely different and a really unique venue option. Check us out at http://www.tipikata.com.au

Cheers,

Hayley & Lina

• Connie says:
    August 19, 2012 at 2:14 am

Hi Bride Number 4! I would go to coffee shops and ask for their empty syrup bottles. They go through them very fast, and without their lables they are beautiful glass, fairly ornate bottles. We used these from my sister in law’s coffee shop for a friend’s wedding, and I’m planning on serving beverages in them for my own wedding.