We had so many wedding experts dedicating their time to sharing their wedding wisdom with us in 2012. These are the top articles. Thankyou to all the vendors who help to make Polka Dot Wisdom so great and here’s to an even better 2013!
1. The Real Value of Wedding Photography. Jodie of Merge Photography gave us this very insightful column on the cost of wedding photography. Practical advice on how to budget for it and things to be aware of.
2. A Crash Course In Peony Roses. Georgia of Hello Blossoms wrote this great article on the divine peony rose. Very useful for us who know not much about flowers! Lots of information on when they’re in season and things to remember when choosing this bloom for your wedding. This image by Elizabeth Messina via Love Wed Bliss.
3. Surprise! Here Comes The Bride…. In February, Danicia of Danicia Dutry Ceremonies joined us with this article on surprise weddings. If you’re thinking of planning a surprise wedding it’s worth taking a look at this post!
4. The Real Cost Of A Wedding Planner. Wedding planner Jennifer of Bells n Whistles Events was our guest on the blog with this post on the real cost of a wedding planner. A practical and informative guide to what you can expect to pay and what you will get for your money. Another must read!
6. The Wedding Collective. Our own Ms Lace reviews the The Wedding Collective expo 2012 in Brisbane.
7. What Would They Know – Marcus Bell & Penny Williams of Studio Impressions. Ms Polka Dot interview Marcus Bell and Penny Williams of Studio Impressions. A great insight into how this Brisbane based wedding photography vendor duo works.
8. 2012 AIPP Australian Wedding Photographer of the Year. Ms Polka Dot showcases the AIPP photographer of the year award on the blog! Congratulations went to Ryan Schembri who took out the wedding photography category. This is one of Ryan’s sport photography images.
9. What Would They Know? Anna Campbell. This time Ms Polka Dot interviews uber talented Australian wedding dress designer Anna Campbell. Find out all about this designer’s origins and plans for the future in this insightful post.
10. Top Ten – Wedding Makeup Looks. Pollyanna of Pollyanna Bernhardt Hair and Makeup shares her top makeup looks for your inspiration.
11. Coffs Harbour Wedding Venue – Villa Vivante. Ms Lace writes about Coffs Harbour Villa Vivante wedding venue which she was invited to visit on a famil in 2012.
12. Weddings In Australia Infograph. An insight into weddings and marriage in Australia.