Image by Kelly Adams Photography ~ My boys slipping & sliding in my mum’s backyard on Christmas Day last year with their cousins & the hound… so much fun!
1. What is your favourite Christmas food?
I am a bit of a sweet tooth… so my all time favourite would have to be my mum’s triffle.
2. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
I love “Home Alone”, Kevin is an absolute genius when he sets up “Angels with Filthy Souls” (the old gangster movie) to throw Marv & Harry off…
“Hey, I’m gonna give you to the count of ten, to get your ugly, yella, no-good keister off my property, before I pump your guts full of lead! 1, 2, 10!”
…Yes I may have seen “Home Alone” one or two many times 🙂
And the romantic in me loves “Love Actually”… of course.
3. Your favourite Christmas drink?
Pimms Cocktail through the day and a Baileys (or two) to finish the day.
4. Is there something you love to do every Christmas?
Driving around trying to find the best lights in the neighbourhood. I think I maybe more excited by this little adventure than the kids.
5. Do you have any Christmas family traditions?
Not really… We just roll with it.
6. Do you have a favourite shop that you visit at Christmas time?
I love markets & any handmade goodies… not a huge fan of the shops.
7. Do you bake at Christmas time? If yes, what are your favourite things to bake? Would you share the recipe?
Oh it’s far too hot to be baking in Queensland. But a favourite salad… the easiest & best ever, is a mango & avocado salad. So simple yet so so delicious. Okay I will reveal to you the recipe…
-A handful of pistachio’s (without the shell)
-A couple of mangos and
-A couple of avocados
Cut the mango & avocado into cubes (without skin). Mix together in a bowl. Roughly chop the pistachios & sprinkle over the top. Then squeeze the juice from the lime over the salad to keep the avocado from browning.
Seriously yummy. A great salad for the seafood lovers.
8. Where will you be spending Christmas this time of year?
The morning will be at home with my husband, the kiddy winkles & the hound. And this year it’s off to the In-Laws for the rest of the day. We do alternative year with our families as my family live North.
9. Where does Santa leave presents in your house?
Under the Christmas tree.
10. What do you leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve?
The boomers get carrots with a mix of oats & glitter sprinkled on the lawn & deck so they can have a nibble while they’re waiting for Santa to finish his milk, biscuits & beer… emm good mix.
11. Finally, do you think you’re on Santa’s naughty or nice list and why?
I better be on the good list… I haven’t had time to be naughty this year!