Sneak Peek – Your Wedding Invitations

by | Polka Dot Sneak Peek, Weddings

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Polka Dot Bride
COMMENTS

polka-dot-sneak-peek

Happy Friday! It’s time for Polka Dot Sneak Peek! That time of the month where I get to pour over your wedding plans and gush about your frankly, beautiful choices!

Today it’s all about the paper! Are you hand making your wedding invitations? Are you getting a designer to custom make them? Have you chosen an off the shelf design? Write a comment and share it! I’d love to see!

COMMENTS
  • Carly says:
    April 26, 2013 at 12:15 pm

My dream is to get Cake Ink to design my invites & my cakes. Not sure if it’s going to work in our budget though, my backup is Wedding Paper Divas. The main thing for me is to have EVERYTHING matching… hence working with something designed especially for us appeals. I’m just totally anal about things matching 😛

• Polka Dot Bride says:
      April 26, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Cake Ink does such beautiful stationery ! What kind of design do you dream of?

I’m a bit anal about everything matching too, but then I am indeed a stationery nut!

• Carly says:
        April 26, 2013 at 3:53 pm

I’m dreaming of something with a vintage feel, in our colours of navy, white and soft pink. Because we have a lot of guests coming from NZ, I’d love to be able to include inserts with hotel info & maps etc, which is where having someone design from scratch rather than try to fit in with proscribed templates would be super helpful! We had an amazing engagement shoot with our soon to be wedding photographer Tess Follett (right on St Kilda beach at the same time as our wedding photos will be, one day shy of one year!), and I really want those to be featured on our save the dates and perhaps elsewhere. I’m kind of obsessed with Cake Ink, and especially their collaborations with Hello Blossoms who at the moment are my preferred florist. But my parents are very kindly financing this shindig (for which we will be eternally grateful) so this may be something we have to sacrifice for the sake of cost. At least we’ve got plenty of time to sort it out 🙂

I think half my problem is I’ve got some basic graphic design/photoshop skills myself, but I know I’m not skilled enough to bring what’s in my head to life – I need to collaborate with someone with more experience. I’m really mindful that I want our save the dates and invites to flow into things like the menus and placecards at our venue. It’s hard when you have certain ideas in your head to try and figure out how to realise them without blowing our budget!

But seriously… you should look up some of the weddings where Cake Ink and Hello Blossoms have been the vendors… I’m kind of crazily obsessed. So beautiful.

• Carly says:
          April 26, 2013 at 3:54 pm

“kind of obsessed”… twice. What a linguist I am this Friday afternoon. But it’s clear where my thoughts lie! lol

• wedding Salon says:
    April 26, 2013 at 3:42 pm

We’re really motivated using your creating skills in addition to while using construction on your blog site. Is this fact the paid out issue or perhaps did you modify this your self? Anyways remain on the excellent quality creating, it can be unusual to see an awesome weblog such as this one presently.

• Friday Roundup - Polka Dot Bride says:
    February 2, 2015 at 10:24 am

[…] 1.Real Wedding  – Sian & Brendan’s Rustic Barn Wedding on The Gold Coast 2.Inspired Words – Rachael  3. A Glass Of Bubbles With – Christina from Hair Romance 4. Real Bride Journey – Exciting News! 5. Polka Dot Sneak Peek – Your Wedding Invitations […]