LOVE Letters from Palace Props, Photo from Erin and Tyson’s Modern Church Street Enoteca Wedding by Jessica Tremp Of Brown Paper Parcel Photography
Big bold backdrops have become such a fun way to really mark your ceremony spot. From huge, oversize letters (the ones above acted as a ceremony backdrop for Erin and Tyson’s Modern Church Street Enoteca Wedding), to lit up marquee letters, arbors, archways and doorways. The limit is only your imagination and luckily there are fantastic people who hire out big and bold backdrops just ripe for a wedding ceremony. Today I’m rounding up some of my favourites!
1. Wire letters are big, bold and so much fun. These ones can be hired from Place Settings are a massive 1.8 metres high (and although the standard is white, they can do custom colours on request).
2. Audrey & Angus hire out this fun tipi style structure which would work beautifully in a garden or or a farm. Add your own blooms or hang garlands to make it truly your own.
3. What about an insanely huge marquee style heart shape light? Meet the crew from Heart Shaped Light who hire this huge 3.4 x 2.4 metre heart out for weddings. Love this one for an industrial or carnival style wedding.
4. What an incredible piece this “Driftwood Arbor” from Empire Events is! Equally as perfect on a farm, as it is on the beach it makes such a centerpiece for your ceremony. Drape it with additional fabric or add our own fresh flowers to make it really tie in.
5. This painters cross backed ladder backdrop from Her Handpicked Harvest gives you so many options to decorate your ceremony space. I love the book pages that decorate it in this photo but paper garlands, fabric, even fresh blooms could all adorn it and make it a focal point behind your wedding vows.
6. With a fun vintage twist, these old fashioned marquee lights from EventHaus make a fun statement and look amazing after dark. I love the thought of these at a nighttime ceremony!
7. Simple and beautiful are the words to describe this “Woodlands Arch” from The One Day House. Like the rest of the pieces from this hire company, it’s got a relaxed elegance to it. The draped curtains set against a forest backdrop make for a magical look.
8. The “Marry Me Archway” from recycled timber experts Timbermill Furniture & Prop Rentals has a clean chicness to it. I love it plain for it’s clean lines, but weaving a few pieces of greenery around it or hanging masses of fresh flowers make it an equally as stunning focal point.
9. These rustic style doors from Maisy Collections are a sweet addition to a farm wedding and closed, would act as a great backdrop for your I Dos. Placing them at the entrance to your ceremony though, adds a nice feeling of entering a special space.