1. Even though I adore vintage pieces, I am passionate about contemporary design. White Nest in Blairgowrie is one of my favourite places for interpreting trends and admiring local design talent. Their visual merchandising is gorgeous and I usually end up making a purchase or two! I am obsessed with the red vintage cash register on their counter too. Photo by Finders Keepers
2. Making a cup of tea and flicking through a design or craft mag is one of my favourite things to do. Mollie Makes, a British craft magazine is one of my favourites. They have plenty of craft projects which can be reinterpreted for wedding or party styling.
3. Being a bit of a hunter and gatherer, I love trawling through op shops, garage sales and visiting antique stores. One of my favourites retail spaces is Felix on the Mornington Peninsula. They style their retail space so beautifully and I have found some real treasure there! Photo by Lauren Macer
4. Going on holidays and travelling is a constant source of inspiration. I have been fortunate to visit some wonderful destinations over the past few years. Tokyo, Amsterdam and Paris were amazing! But our little family love local holidays too! Beach holidays with our extended family always leave me feeling refreshed and full of creative energy! Photo by Belinda O’Neill
5. It sounds like a cliche but my family are a constant source of inspiration! My hubby is a great confidante and business mentor! My three beautiful children are always encouraging and keep me up to speed with trends and social media! Photo by Belinda O’Neill
Ms Gingham says: I love getting an insight into what inspires people! I might have to drive out to Blairgowrie soon too!
About Poppy Jean Vintage Rentals and Styling – Poppy Jean is a Melbourne and Mornington Peninsula based service that rents vintage props for weddings and social occasions. We have vintage caravan hire as well as props for photography and promotions.