1. Milliner Richard Nylon… our enduring, creative friendship spans over 20 years and we collaborate regularly in our Fitzroy studio to create custom bespoke pieces – personalized gowns, headpieces, veils and accessories. Image by Tori and Sal Photographers with Gwendolynne ‘Sabine’ wedding dress and Richard Nylon headband and drape veil.
2. I love ‘gothic architecture’ as I draw my inspiration from many nineteenth century decorative elements. Image by Love Katie and Sarah with Gwendolynne ‘Winnona’ wedding dress.
3. The iconic Fitzroy florist, Flowers Vasette, who have been supplying romantic blooms and signature arrangements for 25 years. Image with ‘Elke’ wedding gown via Gwendolynne
4. Photographer Julia Archibald and her incredible talent. Image by Julia Archibald Photography with Gwendolynne ‘Khaleesi’ wedding dress. Floral styling by Wunderplant Studio; Makeup by Kate McCleary; Styling by Marie – Luise Skibbe
5. Abbotsford Convent..an inner north alternative to the traditional wedding reception; beautiful gardens and historic buildings nestled next to the Collingwood Children’s farm…the perfect location with endless photo opportunities and ceremony locations. Image by I Got You Babe with Gwendolynne ‘Freya’ gown.
6. I love jeweller and taxidermy artist Julia deVille; her work nurtures a continuation of time honored traditions and her recent focus on engagement rings blends tradition with contemporary. Image with ‘Phoebe’ wedding gown via Gwendolyyne
Ms Chinoiserie Says: A beautifully romantic choice of favourites! I’m in love with all the flowers!
About Gwendolynne: Gwendolynne Burkin has established herself as one of Australia’s fashion purists; she works with intuition, avoids fashion trends, and remains true to her own sense of style and obsession with creating beautiful unique, vintage style designs!