Image via Veranda
1. What is your favourite Christmas food?
The tiger prawns that I share with my husband on soft buttered rolls accompanied by a bottle of Louis Roederer champagne on Christmas Eve.
2. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
“Love Actually”of course!
3. Your favourite Christmas drink?
The above mentioned Louis Roederer champagne – our wedding toast champagne!
4. Your favourite Christmas song?
My favourite Christmas song does change according to my mood – at the moment I am loving “White Christmas” especially if it’s Bing Cosby singing.
I also have always had a soft spot for “The Little Drummer Boy” too.
5. Is there something you love to do every Christmas?
Wrapping all the gifts and placing them under the tree is always a delight.
6. How do you Deck the Halls? What is your favourite Christmas decoration?
We have a eight foot lifetime green Christmas tree that my husband and I chose the first Christmas we moved into our home. I dress it every year with soft white fairy lights and collected decorations in shades or white, gold, silver and natural.
I love crystal and glass pieces and am often gifted decorations from friends who find special pieces for me when they travel.
7. Do you have any Christmas family traditions?
We take a family Christmas portrait by the tree every year using our tripod and auto setting on the Nikon.
8. Do you have a favourite shop that you visit at Christmas time?
I love to visit “Papier D’Amour” at Double Bay every Christmas as Phoebe really packs the store with wonderful decorations, gifts and wrapping!
9. Do you bake at Christmas time? If yes, what are your favourite things to bake? Would you share the recipe?
Last year my boys helped me bake Gingerbread cookies made with gorgeous Williams Sonoma copper snowflake cookie cutters . I am sure we will do so again this year. Delicious!
10. Where will you be spending Christmas this year?
This year Christmas will be spent at our home by the pool floating on my giant pink flamingo and enjoying lunch with my extended family.
11.Where does Santa leave presents in your house?
Last year I ordered my sons handmade beautiful individually made Santa sacks with gold stamped designed on calico (Etsy) that they leave at the foot of their bed for Santa presents.
All other gifts can be found wrapped under our Christmas tree.
12. What do you leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve?
We leave Santa a glass of good Scotch and a fruit mince pie and of course carrots for the Reindeer.