Today, in the last of our current Hair and Make-Up Master Class Tutorials with Kate from Quince and Mulberry Studios, we look at creating perfect dark smoky eyes. Whilst they are not traditionally bridal, smoky eyes are still definitely one of the most requested looks, says leading makeup artist, Alannah Pritchard.
“Finding the right depth and balance for a bridal look is important. Smoky eyes can be tailored to look more subtle and soft through colour, the amount of shadow used and the degree of blending. This look is perfect for the bride who loves a bit more definition and drama as it adds focus to the eyes, but still creates a perfect balance of depth and contrast. Perfect smoky eyes are paired with an even complexion with little contouring or blush and are finished off with a pale, soft lip colour; too much colour or definition on the face has the potential to make the look too dramatic for a daytime or afternoon ceremony.”
1.Freshly cleanse and tone skin and apply makeup primer.
2.Apply liquid foundation and conceal around eye area and any other skin concerns.
3. Powder foundation and apply blush to apples of cheek bones.
4. Using a socket brush, contour along socket line with a soft/medium matte earthy brown.
5. Apply in a pressing motion a highlight colour on front half of eye-lid.
6. Darken outer corners both under lash-line and outer corner of socket.
7. Apply eye-liner.
8. Apply coat of mascara and apply false lashes for extra volume.
9. Define and fill through eye-brows.
10. Completed brows and smoky eyes!
Thank you Kate so much once again for all of your wonderful images – they have certainly made our Hair and Make-Up Master Class Tutorials look so easy! And it’s also nice to know that Alannah’s expertise is never far away if ever we need a professional guiding hand!
This post features the following wedding vendors. If you've been featured below, we'd love to get to know you. Click here to join Polka Dot Bride.