If you have ever explored the Great Ocean Road, you would have come across the pristine coastal town of Lorne. With only a population of 1,046, the small beach town is ideal for honeymooners wanting to discover one of Australia’s best beaches and holiday destinations.
This small town has spectacular views, food, beach, walks and spa treatments. So what more would you want when organising your honeymoon? Every part of Lorne has something special to offer, whether it be a romantic walk along the beach or gazing at each other during a candlelit dinner, Lorne is the ultimate honeymoon destination – here are six things to love..
1. Romantic walks. Lorne is renowned for its spectacular views, whether it be of the beach, waterfalls or the surrounding forest. Trail walks around Lorne vary from a quick 20 minute stroll to a longer walk of three hours. So why not take your new husband and stroll along Lorne Foreshore (South) to Shipwreck Plaques, taking in the views of the beach, hand in hand. Or get up early one morning and watch the sunrise at Teddy’s Lookout? The views here are guaranteed not to disappoint and what a way to start your morning with your loved one – honeymoon bliss! Image via Great Ocean Road Info.
2. Taste sensations. Lorne is the ideal place to enjoy a great range of places to eat and of course drink. If you and your loved one are looking for somewhere that is a bit more special for dinner, then Marks Restaurant is your go to place. Located in the heart of town, Marks delivers quality dining that surfs the waves of food fashion from its spot on Lorne’s beachfront. Be sure to book a window table so you can admire the sun setting and enjoy some local produce. A great place to expand your taste sensations for breakfast is Moons Espresso Bar. A favourite amongst the locals, Moons is renowned for their great coffee, freshly squeezed juices and their Big Breakfast. So why not start your day off at this relaxed cafe, overlooking the beach. Image via Marks Restaurant.
3. Accommodation. There are numerous honeymoon escapes for you and your new husband in Lorne. Whether you want some where with an ocean view, or overlooking the spectacular forest, Lorne has it all. The Cumberland Lorne Resort is a personal favourite. Located in the heart of Lorne’s main street, facing the sea, the Cumberland combines spectacular ocean views with spacious apartments and a range of resort facilities – a perfect way for you to enjoy Lorne’s view without leaving your room. However, if you are looking for something more secluded, Otway Escapes Love Shack Cottages would be perfect. A free standing one bedroom cabin for couples provides affordable luxury with everything you need for a romantic escape in the country, including breathtaking views over 200 acres of farming land and the Great Otway National park. Image via Otway Escapes.
4. Spas. A perfect way for you and your new husband to relax would to book a day spa package at Endota Spa, located at Mantra Resort. The four hour long treatment includes a footbath, body exfoliation, cocoon or hot oil wrap, massage, facial and pedicure. What better way for you two to unwind from all that wedding stress. Image via Endota Spa.
5. Beach. Lorne’s main beach is one of the Great Ocean Road’s best beaches. Why not get some fresh oysters and prawns from the Lorne Pier Seafood Shop and a bottle of champagne and watch the sun set on the beach. Honeymoon bliss. Image via Molly Hancock.
6. Quiet time. At the mouth of the Erskine River you will find the Swing Bridge Cafe and Boathouse. An ambience that is secluded from the heart of Lorne, stroll down to this cafe and enjoy a fresh juice or coffee and hire one of their paddle boats to cruise up and down the river. This makes a beautiful activity for a relaxing break and to enjoy each others company without any other distractions. Image via Swing Bridge Cafe and Boathouse.
Ms Chinoiserie Says: With its incredible natural beauty, there’s so much to love about Lorne; the spectacular walks are so romantic!