HIBISCUS GIN SOUR
Have you heard – gin is all the rage right now, and it’s one of our faves! This twist on a classic gin sour cocktail by our talented mates at Gathering Events is an easy, light and super refreshing choice for anytime of the year. The hibiscus adds sweetness and complements the gin with it’s floral component perfectly.
- Egg Whites
- 50ml Gin
- 15ml Hibiscious Sugar Syrup (make your own!)
- 30ml Lemon Juice
- 10ml Chambord
- Dry Hibiscus to garnish
HIBISCUS SUGAR SYRUP
- In a small sauce pan, simmer equal parts water and sugar until dissolved
- Add in hibiscus, simmer for another 15 minutes
- Remove from heat, let it sit for 20 minutes
- Add to your shaker; egg whites, gin, hibiscus sugar syrup, lemon juice
- Dry shake (5-10 seconds)
- Add ice
- Shake for 20 seconds – nice and fast!
- Strain into serving glass
- Pour in Chambord
- Garnish with hibiscus flowers
- Drink up!
About Gathering Events: Gathering Events is a boutique pop up bar service, lead by husband and wife duo (Jen & Adam), along with their crew of super talented (and charming) bartenders.