I feel I have to make a disclaimer for this ode to The Australia Issue cocktail. We know, we know, there are claims the iconic pavlova isn’t *gasp* even Australian. But let’s be real, what is Christmas day without one? What is any major Australian celebration without a pav? So of course, we needed to turn this Australian (claimed) icon into a cocktail!
We started with a fruity base for this one, and we ended up down the creamy path. Because for us, there is nothing better than a pavlova topped with cream and oodles of fruit. A little strawberry, a little passionfruit (a must for this cocktail – it creates that tart, sourness that cuts through the sweetness) garnish to honour that fruit-filled topping and Bob’s your uncle!!
- 30ml cream
- 10ml Creme De Cacao
- 5ml Strawberry liqueur
- 10ml Apricot Liqueur
- 10 ml passionfruit pulp
- One fresh strawberry chopped into small pieces
- Meringue to garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice
- Add cream, creme de cacao, strawberry liqueur, apricot liqueur and shake well until combined and cold.
- In your glass, strain the cocktail
- Add chopped strawberry and 20ml of passionfruit pulp and stir well
- Garnish with crumbled meringue.