As much as we love a Spring and Summer wedding here in Australia, getting hitched in these gorgeous sunny seasons can definitely mean one thing – heat! With the strong Aussie sun beaming down on you on your big day, it is important that your bridal make-up can go the distance and not end up running down your face or worse, on your gown. An experienced and talented make-up artist knows just how how to apply a spring and summer bride’s make up so that it will stay in place all day and accommodate the harsh Australian heat.
Here are 10 top expert tips for staying glam and glowing all day long.
- Looking after your skin is very important. Moisturise your skin in the morning before your makeup
[Use an oil-free moisturiser sunscreen with high UV protection]. For example Mecca Cosmetica ‘To Save Face’ SPF 30+
- Primers are very important in summer they really help hold makeup in place.
- If you want to prevent your makeup from creasing and caking, just use a tinted moisturiser and a concealer under the eyes and on any spots or redness. Makeup likes to move around when it’s hot.
- Bronzer makes your eyes look brighter, and adds warmth to your skin. To keep the results looking fresh and natural, apply bronzer just to the high points of your face, forehead, cheekbones, chin, and nose.
- Lighten up your look use sheer lip shades. Use a lip liner for extra definition. A nude or a sweet pink or peach shade for a summery look, or go bold with tangerine and grape colours for something more exciting.
- Blush adds balance and healthiness to any look. Cheek Stains are great for longevity in hot weather, a gel or blush stain works well too.
- Always use water proof mascara or if you’re blonde, get your eyelashes tinted.
- For longer-lasting shadow, use an eye primer under shadow. I prefer latte colours soft browns gold’s and caramels with a thin layer of water proof eye liner followed by real hair false lashes.
- To eliminate shine, nothing beats blotting paper – you just blot first, and then follow up with a pressed powder with a hint of luminescence. You want to eliminate shine, but still glow.
- Finish with a setting spray to help waterproof your makeup for long lashing results.
Ms Zebra Says: The last thing you want as a bride is your makeup running! These are great tips to keep in mind – even if you’re attending a summer wedding.
About Vivian Ashworth: I have worked in hair and makeup now for 30 years, having started my career in fashion and advertising then television and commercials. I started my wedding business approximately 20 years ago and it just took off. I love working with, brides and families and being a part of one of the biggest days of their lives. I feel extremely lucky to do a job I love.
Polka Dot Dream Team...
The below wedding vendors made this magic happen and are an approved part of the Polka Dot Directory. Visit their portfolios to learn more and enquire about their services!
This post features the following wedding vendors. If you've been featured below, we'd love to get to know you. Click here to join Polka Dot Bride.