Image by Anna Taylor Photography
A great wedding band knows how to read the crowd at a wedding. It is important to carefully create a set that will have everyone up on their feet from the very young to the older generations. Wedding guests love to feel included and nostalgic, hearing songs that take them back and that they can sing their little hearts out along to.
Timing is everything, and a great band will know just when to bring out the big guns to get everyone up and enthusiastic toward the end of the night. Some of the best late night dance floor bangers that have everyone up on their feet happen to be iconic Aussie anthems.
Here’s The Baker Boys Top 10 homegrown Aussie hits to take your party home in style!
10) ‘Can’t Get You Outta My Head’ by Kylie Minogue
9) ‘Two Strong Hearts’ by John Farnham
8) ‘Never Tear Us Apart’ by INXS
7) ‘Love Is In The Air’ by John Paul Young
6) ‘Working Class Man’ by Cold Chisel
5) ‘Throw Your Arms Around Me’ by Hunters & Collectors
4) ‘Run To Paradise’ by The Choirboys
3) ‘Land Down Under’ by Men At Work
2) ‘You’re The Voice’ by John Farnham
And the number one Aussie wedding dance floor crowd pleaser goes to…
1) ‘The Horses’ by Darryl Braithwaite
Ms Zebra Says: The dance floor is where every great party / wedding ends up! These are great hits to get the d-floor pumping!
The Baker Boys Band is Australia’s premier party band, performing all around Australia and the world and specialising in a high-energy mix of music for festivals, events, private functions and parties for any occasion. Baker Boys Band play an unusual high energy mix of jazz, swing, funk, old-school rock, current top 40, soul, old school 50s/60s/70s, 80s/90s hits, latin/afro-cuban and more – Anything to get ’em up and dancing!