When it comes to talking cocktails for The Bridesmaid Issue, we wanted to create utterly fun recipes. Recipes that are the kind of thing you need at a pre-wedding gathering, where there is plenty of cause for celebration.
Today’s cocktail, which includes two very festive ingredients – fairy floss and edible glitter – might just be the whimsical cocktail of our dreams. And don’t worry, we haven’t given away our quest for deliciousness over aesthetics. Nope. The combination of grapefruit with the sweetness of the fairy floss is just the right mix!
This is a cocktail of theatre too, serve your fairy floss into your glasses, add a little glitter and when your guests arrive, pour your liquid in and watch it melt. The result? Delicious pink glittery cocktails and a lot of sparkling fun!
- 60ml pink grapefruit juice
- 30ml gin
- Sparkling wine
- Fairy floss
- Edible glitter (we found ours at Spotlight but you can also find it at cake decorating stores)
- In a cocktail shaker add ice, grapefruit juice and gin and shake well
- Strain into a jug or bottle and store in the fridge until ready to serve
- Place a handful of fairy floss in each of your glasses and top with a sprinkle of edible glitter
- When you’re ready to serve, our the grapefruit juice and top with sparkling wine