Whether it be a wedding favour, a tasty treat for your hens day or bridal shower, or something sweet to serve at the engagement party, everyone day is brightened with a little glitter. Or you could just make them for the one you love.
Here is my recipe for gorgeous glitter gingerbread biccies – the perfect homemade sparkly treat.
- 94g butter
- 75g brown sugar
- 94g golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 280g plain flour
- 3/4 tbsp ginger
- 3/4 tsp mixed spice
- 3/4 tsp bi-carb soda
- Rolled fondant icing
- Edible glitter and sprinkles
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add the golden syrup and egg.
- Mix until well combined.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and mix gently until combined.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead very gently until smooth.
- Rest the dough in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- After resting, roll out the dough and cut into shapes.
- Place on a baking tray that has been lined with greaseproof paper.
- Rest for a further 20 minutes and then bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool for three minutes on the tray then allow to cool on a wire rack.
- You can decorate by dipping the gingerbread in chocolate or decorate with some rollout fondant or drizzled with some plain royal icing
Ms Floral Says: These are so pretty and versatile. Can’t wait to cover my kitchen in edible glitter while making these on the weekend!
About Bakes By Jean: Baking has always been Jean’s first love! Jean started baking at an early age with her mother in their kitchen in Offaly, Ireland. Bakes by Jean was born in 2015, specialising in custom designed creations. Jean creates and bakes from her council registered kitchen in Travancore, 4km from Melbournes CBD. Jean doesn’t try to be the best cake maker but she hopes that the love and soul she puts into every creation shines through her cakes.