The Sparkle Issue has made us dig out everything glittery and twinkly and quite frankly, what could be better than prosecco topped with edible gold leaf? Today’s cocktail requires both, and as official taste testers for this one, I advise you that this is just the cocktail your summer wedding needs. It’s refreshing, it’s delicious and it’s absolutely ticking all the festive boxes.
Prosecco is my favourite at the best of times, so freezing it with a dash of our beloved elderflower liqueur (St Germain) is simply delightful. Edible gold leaf is easy to find at cake decorating stores, and even easier if you shop online. It’s definitely the finishing touch a wedding cocktail needs.
- Edible gold leaf
- One bottle of prosecco
- One lemon (juiced)
- 60ml elderflower liqueur
- A minimum of 24 hours ahead of serving, pour prosecco, lemon juice of one lemon and elderflower into a jug and stir well.
- Pour into a wide flat tray and freeze for 24 hours.
- When ready to serve using a fork, scrape across the tray to form ice crystals. Alternatively, break the ice into pieces and blend.
- If you want a little extra bubble, top your glass with some chilled, unfrozen prosecco.
- Top with small pieces of edible gold leaf.