Bubbles are one of our favourite bases for cocktails and it is a must for The Sparkle Issue. Today, we’re combining two of my favourite things- champagne and ginger. There is no fuss to this cocktail, but if you use a good ginger beer, it adds a little spice, a little kick to your otherwise delicious glass of bubbles.
To add some extra sparkle, as we did, why not rim your glass with edible glitter? This is such an easy way to add something a little special to your wedding day cocktails.
- Lemon juice, vodka or honey (to rim your glass)
- Edible glitter
- 30ml ginger beer (we always love and use Bundaberg)
- Your choice of bubbles- sparkling wine, champagne or prosecco.
- To rim your glass, add lemon juice, vodka or honey to a shallow bowl and dip your glass so the rim is coated.
- In another shallow bowl, add your edible glitter. Dip the wet rim of your glass into the glitter until it is evenly coated.
- Pour in 30ml of chilled ginger beer
- Top with chilled champagne or prosecco when ready to serve