I know not every wedding vendor reads Polka Dot Wisdom (really you should subscribe, we have such great posts lined up!) and can sometimes get caught in the hustle and bustle of every day life, so I am popping a little business talk on Polka Dot Bride today!
For a few months (okay six) I’ve been chatting to Sarah from Girl Friday Weddings about education for the Australian (and New Zealand) wedding industry. This month, we officially launch Project Innovate, an education initiative for Australian & New Zealand wedding professionals and in a few weeks, our first speaker Leila Khalil of Be Inspired PR will be here from California with her “Brand Your Business Workshop”.
Branding your business isn’t just your logo, it’s how you do business, it’s how you market. This session will:
• Help you to evaluate your brand presence in the industry with tips on how to further your reach
• Help you to create an action plan to enhance your company’s perceived value
• Host a critique session selecting individual businesses and providing feedback on: website/logo/business cards/blog and marketing materials giving suggestions on how to ensure the brand is well represented
• Suggest ways to work with other key vendors with whom to form relationships in order to gain additional notoriety
• Help you maximise the effectiveness of social media outlets i.e. twitter, blog etc. The do’s and don’ts of media and print submissions
Leila is no stranger to getting the most out of your branding- her successful wedding PR business has her clients in Martha Stewart Weddings, Grace Ormonde Weddings, Brides Magazine and even on TV- that’s not to mention the countless blogs her clients are featured on every month.
If you’d like to come along,the event is on the 28th of June at 6.30 pm at The Ivy Sunroom in Sydney. Ticket price ($135) includes a ninety minute workshop by Leila, a question & answer session with Leila, a cocktail upon arrival, a scrumptiously catered networking reception following the workshop (did I mention the chocolates? and cake?) a gift bag and a chance to be a part of Project Innovate’s first ever event.
This event would not be possible without our fabulous sponsors who include: